Teen Patti is popularly also known as Flush or Flash and is similar to the English card game 3 card Brag. Teen Patti, meaning, 3 cards is played with a standard 52 card deck.
It is primarily a betting game and before players begin to play they need to first decide on the basic stakes of the game which will form the minimum bet. In Gamentio Teen Patti, each game room carries a stake value (e.g. $50, $100, $250) and players can select a room of their choice.
The game begins with 2 players posting the Boot or Ante (compulsory bet). These players are denoted by the appearance of the letters ''D'' (Dealer) and ''B'' (player posting the Blind bet). This happens automatically in the game. Turn then moves clockwise around the table.
After the blinds are posted each player is dealt 3 cards face down. Each player now has a choice to either see their cards (herein known as Seen), or, continue in the game without seeing their cards (herein known as Blind).
- A player chooses to play Blind his/her minimum bet is the same as the stake value of that table and maximum is twice that of the minimum stake.
- A player sees his/ her cards (Seen) the minimum value of a bet (herein known as Chaal) will be twice that of a previous Blind bet, or, equal to a previous Seen bet.
Note: The maximum value of a Chaal cannot be more than two times (2x) the value of a previous Chaal, OR, four times (4x) the value of a previous Blind.
E.g.: Table stake= $100, Player A= Blind, Player B= Seen.
Situation 1- If Player A posts a Blind bet of $100 (min. Stake of that table), Player B will have to post a Chaal of $200 (twice that of a previous Blind bet).
Situation 2- If Player A posts a Blind bet of $200 (i.e., 2x of the min. Stakes), Player B will have to post a Chaal of $400 (twice that of a previous Blind bet).
Situation 3- If Player A posts a Blind bet of $100, Player B can post a Chaal of $400 (i.e., 4x the value of a previous Blind Bet).
- A player doesn't wish to place a bet or wants to withdraw from the game, they will have to Pack and leave the game. By doing so, they only lose the amount of chips they have bet in the game up to that point. Further betting will have no effect on this player's chips.
Sideshow: When more than two players are playing, one player may ask for a side-show of cards from the immediately preceding player. The cards of both these players will then be revealed to each of them, and, the player with the better set of cards will continue in the game. The other player is automatically removed from the game and loses the amount of chips he/she has bet in the game until then. Once the game continues, further betting, will not have any effect on this player's chips.
The betting comes to an end when one of the following conditions is met -:
- All players but one have folded. The money in the Pot is awarded to the player who survives till the end.
- All players but two have folded and one of the surviving players asks the other for a show of cards. The winner is adjudged by way of comparison of the cards held by both the surviving players.